Friday, June 28, 2013

Church Camp by Will

Sarah's note: The second week I was gone, Will went to camp with a lot of kids from our church. I have heard bits and pieces, and I KNOW he had a great time, but I thought I should let Will tell the story as he remembered it. Here are his words:
I went to CentriKids church camp at Austin College. We went on two buses. When we got there, there were people with pool noodles hitting our bus and chanting. It was obvious that we were the first church there out of the other 6 churches (not including us). We unloaded our stuff and got out and went to our dorms in Daniel Baker Hall. After we did that we basically hung out until dinner.  After dinner we had a MASSIVE pillow fight, and one of the adult leaders was in it. After that we went to our beds and slept. On our ceiling there were lots of glow stars. In the morning we had breakfast and time alone with God. Lunch was next and don’t tell anybody but I had a soda challenge and my time was 27 seconds. My tracks were Weird science with Prof. Carson, who was my favorite teacher. My next track was Baseball with Coach Emily. Then Wet ‘n Wild with P.J and “The Flower”(she was called The Flower because she stayed on the tennis courts). Huh? The other days were like that, too. So that’s it.
Oh! On every vacation I go on I always get a souvenir. Do not read anymore until you have closed your eyes and thought up three things I could have gotten. And … I got (drum roll please)… A SUNBURN (confetti shoots). Yay! Well that’s my story. Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: