Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you SO much for all your prayers and support as I'm getting ready to go to Uganda this weekend. I am so excited about going, and I can't wait to see the children who are in our family's prayers. Getting to this point has been fascinating. From a flood of donations from strangers that my family has contacted, to a Facebook friend convincing her VBS team and church missions team to collect donations for shoes, to a garage sale that more than covered my travel expenses, I am continually amazed by all that God is orchestrating to pull our team and our mission together. Each of these little miracles make me believe that God has hand-picked me for this trip, and I'm humbled and thrilled to be involved.
I have packed, repacked, unpacked, and packed again, and I think I know what I'm taking tomorrow. Although I am excited and energetic about it right now, I ask you to pray for protection from spiritual warfare that may come in the forms of loss of confidence, exhaustion, and fear. I would also ask for prayers for our safety and good health and that we can connect with the children and adults we are in contact with. I'm praying that my children adjust well to Camp Grandparents and that Allen doesn't get too lonely. I'm a tad bit concerned about homesickness for Will; he will also be going to church camp and returning the same day I will be home. Please also pray for Allen's safety as he travels; he will be driving us to Houston.
If you are interested in reading about our team journey before I get back to USA, you can follow the Parental Care Ministries blog at http://www.pcmonline.org/ wordpress/. There is also a link to this PCM blog on the right side of this page. I will be keeping my own journal that I hope to post when I return. I am flying out Sunday the 16th and returning on the 27th, but I expect it will take me several days to get caught up on my kids' hugs and get over the travel weariness. I truly appreciate all you have done to support me on this trip whether it was with childcare, advice, financial donations, prayers, or all of the above.

No comments:
Post a Comment