Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Sorting in the Truck
Someone shared a photo of me helping fill the truck at the CBS station on Glocal Giving Day. I worked with Shay (in photo) all morning until I had to get Will from school. We got to figure out how to organize all the food donations inside the truck so that it would be easy to unload at St. Paul (the food pantry). This kind of organizing was just up my alley and the two of us worked really well together. I had a blast and even sweated enough to consider it a workout -- the two of us sorted and moved almost 1700 pounds of canned goods, so it really was exercise :) I will really miss working at the pantry this summer. I have loved working with the people -- both the staff and the clients. I'm looking forward to getting involved again in the fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment