Monday, September 15, 2008

Changing the look

I had to change the look of my avatar on the left. My hair has grown a bit over the last few months and I don't wear my glasses very often now. I've found it's much more convenient to wear sunglasses when my contacts are in, and I've donned the jeans since the weather is getting cooler.

After finding so much to do in a small area of New Hampshire and Maine last week, we've decided to do the same here. Rather than sit at home and wonder what there is to do around here, we are going to make the effort to see Texas as tourists. I've searched online and in the Texas travel guides and started the lists of what there is to do close to home. After our vacation, Allen and I decided we wanted to get the kids out in nature more and consider day hiking with them. Last night our walk was a test, but at the end of it we realized the kids stay fairly close to us, but when they get too far we can call them back to us easily. That should make exploring this vast state a little easier.

So the avatar Me being outside on a trail might be wishful thinking, but if the weather cooperates this weekend, my wish may come true.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I even see some sturdy shoes, so you're all set for some wilderness adventures! Have fun!