This weekend was a busy one. We decided to stay home Saturday and work on "The List." There were at least two things we planned to and managed to get checked off, so it was a successful day, by my standards. Friday night, I finished all the sewing for the MOPS craft -- although it seemed to take forever, it really only took about two hours. Saturday, Allen took the early shift -- waking up at 6ish to get the diapers changed and set the kids to playing for a bit. He came back to bed and I got up so Allen could snooze for awhile longer. After breakfast I snipped all my extra strings on the sewing project and let the little kids "help" -- they enjoyed picking up the tiny bits of thread and putting them in the cup that we were using for a trash can. Some of the kids enjoyed tearing the waxed-paper templates off the stitches, and it didn't hurt anything, so I let them. Jon had the most fun picking up the thread and paper and throwning it in the cup, but at one point, he got down from the table, ran off with the cup, and dumped it on the carpet. What a mess! That's when children were sent in another direction so I could clean up and finish. Allen cheerfully folded laundry -- lots of laundry, lots and lots of laundry -- while he watched the Stars play Saturday afternoon. I did help a little bit with the folding, but most of my time was spent trying to figure out what we were going to do with it all. Since the little kids keep dumping their drawers, and adding to our laundry tasks, I decided to separate the boys' from Maddie's clothes and put each in a basket in their closet (which can't be opened by them since we shove the dresser over to block it.) It will be a bit of effort to get clothes out each day, but that will be easier than refolding and reloading the drawers a dozen times a day.
Sunday after breakfast, we headed for Nana's and Papa's for the day. Right after lunch, Allen, Randy, Shelley, and I spent about 15 minutes making dinner -- Allen seared the beef, Randy and I chopped veggies, Shelley prepared the broth -- it was a joint effort, quick but fun. The boys stayed with Randy and Allen for the afternoon, and Shelley and I took Maddie to a bridal shower for Jenn. The shower was nice, but Maddie was restless without much of a nap. When we got back to the house, we enjoyed our tasty family-made stew and then we packed the kids up and drove home.
This week we began lessons about letter C and the Bibles stories of Abraham. Allen had gotten a recipe from his mom this weekend for cookies he had growing up, and I surprised him with a batch of freshly-baked bizcochitos. Quite tasty, and cut into letter C, since we are singing a lot of Cookie Monster's "C is for Cookie" songs. Tonight we head out for another salsa lesson, and this time I'm practicing in my pretty shoes!
3 comments:
fun stuff! Megan loves to sing C is for cookie, we watch it on Sesame Street.org. Sounds like you have a laundry challenge! Good luck. i am not sure if it works for your kiddos, but we use a "doorknob thingy" that goes over the handle, and Megan still can't open it. It keeps her out of the pantry and might work on your closet issue...? only if you have round knobs I think....
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, our kids aren't deterred by those. We have them all over the house. Some the kids can turn more easily than I can, and the others, they just pop the cover off and then we have to find the pieces. The doors to several rooms just get locked each day, but I haven't bought lockable knobs for the closets yet.
Wow. I guess I am thankful it still deters Megan then..... Good luck!
Post a Comment