We ran by the bank then went to the mall. As soon as she saw she got to ride in a stroller like her dolls ride, she was suddenly happy. Side note: the triplets were in a double or triple stroller until they sat in the wagon at age 1. I don't think they have ever been in a single stroller, but this was the one I used for Will. With shopping list in hand, we made the rounds at the mall, and Maddie and I had a wonderful day there. It was nice being able to fit in places I usually can't go with the wagon (dressing rooms, stores with breakables, everywhere.) Maddie and I stopped for lunch at Chick Fil A and she and I had a mostly healthy lunch. What was so fun about it is that we sat across from each other and acted silly and giggled at each other. I can't say we "talked" since she doesn't really have conversations, yet, but we had a lot of fun just enjoying each other's company. After the mall, it was already time to get the boys.
Ben and Jon did great. The teacher said they played well with the kids, they ate well, and Ben even napped at nap time. Jon didn't, but as of last week, he doesn't nap at home wither, so I couldn't be surprised. Naptime is turning into a bit of a nightmare lately. Jon ends up in Maddie's crib or out in the playroom. Maddie gets out of her crib, too. The other day, I went to check on them after hearing odd noises. Maddie was on top of the dresser -- she had put her pink blanket over the humidifier that she had turned on full blast. She was sitting proudly on her new pink throne. Those two have been driving me crazy not staying in bed, and you can tell from the photo below (Maddie on dresser, Jon in Maddie's crib) that they are quite proud of their climbing skills.
Tonight, we are going to do something very brave. . . we are going to put all three crib mattresses on the floor and see how the triplets do out of the cribs. I am nervous about it, but we thought it best to try on a weekend in case Allen and I lose a lot of sleep. After Maddie fell from her crib and bit her lip, the other day, there was blood everywhere, and we started considering safer options. I forget if I mentioned it before, but Ben has been in one of the crib tents, but the other had to be retired; it became a safety hazard after a hole was torn in it by little fingers. Ben tried climbing out the hole and got his neck caught. Thank God Allen was in the room when that happened, because Ben almost hanged himself.
Tonight, we are going to do something very brave. . . we are going to put all three crib mattresses on the floor and see how the triplets do out of the cribs. I am nervous about it, but we thought it best to try on a weekend in case Allen and I lose a lot of sleep. After Maddie fell from her crib and bit her lip, the other day, there was blood everywhere, and we started considering safer options. I forget if I mentioned it before, but Ben has been in one of the crib tents, but the other had to be retired; it became a safety hazard after a hole was torn in it by little fingers. Ben tried climbing out the hole and got his neck caught. Thank God Allen was in the room when that happened, because Ben almost hanged himself.I was hoping we would keep them in cribs until they were a bit older, but such is life. Funny thing is that Will was the same age when he started climbing out so we moved him to a bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment