Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You know you're a mom when . . .

WARNING: This post may be offensive. No apologies. This is your warning. If you don't want to be grossed out, click here and browse until you find something exciting.

I know I'm a mom when I can't decide which made the day great:
1. Maddie alternating between saying "I Luff You!" and "I Luff shoes!"
2. Maddie asking to go potty then me spending fifteen minutes trying to figure out how to get the poop out of the potty chair.

Offended? Grossed out? Tough, you chose to continue, and you can't say I didn't warn you. I don't remember Will ever doing number 2 in the little potty. Once he finally figured out to do that on a toilet, he was on the big flushable one. This afternoon, Maddie asked to go potty. She ran in, sat down, shouted "All done!" and ran back to me, all in less than a minute. I thought there was a 90% chance of precipitation (otherwise, she'd sit forever until I told her to get up.) I was in for quite the surprise. Very exciting, indeed. . . . at this point, I am asking for help from those who've cleaned the little chairs: HOW????

6 comments:

Homan House said...

lots of wet wipes. Megan didn't do this much, but our neice will only go in the little potty (so I have witnessed the aftermath!)

And darn you, I clicked your "here" link and it took me to the deal of the day which just happened to be something I really like (adobe lightroom software). You really need to be careful where you link people!!!

: )

Jennifer said...

Yeah, fun. If you put a little water in from the sink and let it sit a second, you can pour most of it into the toilet. Then I just kept adding water and dumping until all the brown was gone. Then I wiped it with a clorox wipe. But I hated the little potties. Both Kirven and Dunagan use the real toilet now, but when I put Ayla on the potty now, I put her on this ladder potty: http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=442794&cmSource=Search
It's sturdy, and I don't have to mess with a little potty. Now if I could only get Ayla to poop in the potty again! That was so nice for so long!!! Now that she has learned to walk, she doesn't have time to sit on the potty. Better to poop on the go in her dipe!

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

I can't say I'm a fan of the little potties, either, but all three like to potty at the same time, and three little chairs are cheaper than replumbing the bathroom to have three stools and I don't dare to intentionally have UNdiapered kids in more than one place at the same time.

Thanks for the tips. Still gross, but it sounds like there isn't an easier way.

Anonymous said...

I think we'd put a liile water in the bottom of the catch tray before they sat down. Also - maybe put a little wipe in the bottom of the tray before they go and it will fall on the wipe (or kleenex).
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about trying those slow cooker liners -- they might just fit neatly inside and around your little potty chair potties....m

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what kind of chair you have, but our little potty has a lift out basin where the poo goes, so I just dump it in the toilet then clean with baby wipes and finally with a clorox wipe. Hope this helps a little ;)