Someone told me
Its all happening at the zoo.
I do believe it,
I do believe its true.
Today was Jon's day. Like Maddie and Ben, he was hesitant to leave his womb-mates behind. After leaving the other three at the church for the day, Jon and I got in the car and he whimpered. I put him in his seat and he cried. We made a quick stop for a haircut, then we headed to the zoo.
Its a light and tumble journey
From the east side to the park;
Just a fine and fancy ramble
To the zoo.
Today was beautiful. Even though it is January, we had shed our jackets before 11 am, and enjoyed the feeling on the sun on our arms. I had the stroller with us, but Jon preferred walking most of the time. He was a bit confused that I was just letting him roam without insisting he hold my hand. It was easy following one kid, so I let him lead the way. He often joined the groups of other toddlers, but other times, it was just us and the animals, and he got the best seat we could find. What fascinated him most? First, the rhinocerous playing with the tire, tossing it from his nose; next, the "raffs" and "e-phunds" and "zebas"; another favorite were the "whrogs" and feeding the ducks. After we ate lunch, we enjoyed the goats at the petting zoo and he proudly showed all the other toddlers how to pet the goats. Since we finished the zoo before it was time to get the other kids, we stopped by Allen's office to visit for a minute. Jon and I had a wonderful day together. When I decided to have one of the triplets at a time once a week, I wasn't sure how well it would work, but it is a day I look forward to every week. I love being able to enjoy each of my children as individuals, without splitting my attention between them. I know they like the attention, too, and there is hardly any stress involved with it being just the two of us.
Slow down, you move too fast
You've got to make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobble stones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy!
We picked up the kids from school today, and Will told me the highlight of his day:
"Mama! Guess what?!"
"What, hon?"
"I asked Ella if she would marry me and she said, 'I don't care'!!"
"Wow, Will. What does that mean?"
"That means that she can be my wife after she is my girlfriend."
"You two are awfully young to be talking about marriage."
"I know that, Mama. We are just deciding right now."
Hello, lamp post, whatcha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing
Ain't ya got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo, feelin' groovy!
After we got home, the kids were playing while I checked my email, and Will came into the office and sat at his desk. He picked out some paper and pens and told me, "Mama, I have something very important to do. It is time for me to pay my bills now."
Got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy!
Maybe it's the gorgeous, sunny 75-degree weather. . . Maybe it's that the laundry is done and put away. . . Maybe it's that most of the day there wasn't any whining or crying. . . Maybe it's just that I got a hug and kiss from Allen in the middle of the afternoon . . . Maybe it's that I got and issue of my favorite magazine in the mail today. Maybe it's all of these, but today I am definitely loving Life!
No comments:
Post a Comment