What is overwhelming me this week? I'll just write it so I can forget about it. . .
1. Getting the MOPS craft prepared for 50 ladies (due Wednesday), lots of sewing and cutting prep to be done, but my sewing machine seems to be on the fritz this week.
2. Getting the laundry folded, hung, and put away -- it is taking over the house!! I haven't been anxious to put the kids' clothes away since they keep dumping their drawers. It's very frustrating having it all over the diningroom, in the laundry room, in my room, and dumped in the nursery.
3. Getting the last of the Christmas stuff out of the way -- you know all the things that should've been put away with the rest of it, but somehow were hiding the day it got done? Now I need to get the boxes out of the attic just to put away these last few thing . . .
4. Getting the clutter out of the kitchen -- off the counter by the phone, off the bar, off the other counter. The bar is where things get put temporarily that need to be out of reach of the babies -- colored pages from school, big-kid toys, library books, magazines I read while I cook. What a mess! As soon as it gets cleaned off, the kids start putting things there again.
5. The triplets now help each other undress -- yesterday, I came into the living room and found the little boys without anything on (Jon still had on shoes, and his pants were stuck on the shoes.) No diapers, no socks, no clothes, just big grins. Today, I was sipping my coffee in the kitchen, and the little boys crawled out the necks of their pinned PJs, and took off diapers. Ben was behind Jon helping peel the tape off the diaper (I put the overlap in the back to keep them from undoing the tape -- I guess that won't work anymore.)
See? Writing it all down makes me realize it really isn't a lot, just a few small things and a few big ones. All conquerable when I get a chance to deal with it -- all except the escape artists who'd be happy in at a nudist camp even with outside temps below freezing.
The last week has been full of fun events, full of remarkable ones -- at least for our little family.
MONDAY - The kids were home and we focused on learning about Noah and the Ark, the letter B, and lots of animals that start with B. A little "boring -- with a B" for Will, so he got to help do the teaching. I caught Jon trying to poop in his diaper, so I stuck him on the potty. It was the smallest victory, but he and I were both excited! This is the first time the potty was used by one of the triplets for more than just sitting. Way to go, Jon! (Hopefully, he isn't mortified that I posted this, but his toes crack me up.) I helped Will, but he did all the work and cleanup making chocolate-peppermint parfaits for dinner. He got a cookbook for Christmas and I finally made time to help him through his first recipe. They were "healthy" in that we used sugar-free pudding mix, low fat coolwhip, and skim milk. We all enjoyed the dessert and Will was so proud that he did it all. Monday night, Allen and I left the kids with our sitter and enjoyed learning a little more about the Mambo.
TUESDAY - Another way too early way to start the day -- the little ones woke Will up and in doing so, woke Allen and me. Will helped me take Ben, Maddie, and Jon to the church nursery, then I took him to preschool. I came back to the church for the first day of a new Bible study -- I think it will do me good, I just need to make the homework a priority. The little ones and I had lunch with Allen, and they learned to say "frierrry", "fine-E", and something I couldn't understand enough to spell -- all toddler pronunciations of refinery. I had to add the lunch photos of the kids tasting lemons. 
WEDNESDAY - Wednesday was Will's day. We dropped off the little kids at mothers day out and Will and I went to get Chloe and her family. All of us headed to the library for a story, craft, and snack. Will made a pinecone-peanut butter bird feeder that we hung in the tree in the dront yard. We met the daddies at Chick Fil A for lunch. All three little ones napped at MDO!
THURSDAY - Today I weighed myself and realize I have lost more than 30 pounds -- yes it is only 31 pounds, but it was a very exciting way for me to start the day! I dropped off Will, Maddie and Jon and took Ben for a day of fun. Ben asked several times about "Madnie" and "Nyon" -- confused that they weren't with us. We went to get Ben's hair cut, went to the fabric store for fleece for MOPS craft, then stopped by the pet store since it was too cold for the zoo. Ben got to pet a baby rabbit, and was enchanted by the birds, mice, and fish. Next we went to get a wedding gift for Jason & Jenn, met Daddy for pizza, the went to the grocery store where Ben fell asleep while I shopped. Although it was an exciting day, it wasn't over. I was changing Maddie's diaper and she screamed when I started to put on a clean one. When I asked what the matter was she yelled "I want pobby!"I put her on the potty and she sat and sat and sat and sat. When I asked if she was done she said "Nope. Pobby." She sat and sat and sat and sat and sat. I asked again, NOPE POBBY. She sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat. I got bored and went to check email and she came running to me shouting "Poot! Poot!" I went to look and darn if she didn't whiz in the right spot. She sat on the potty and BEAMED her cheesy grin -- quite proud that she peed in the potty. It took a long time for that big smile to go away. 
FRIDAY (so far) - I did manage to read many stories to the kiddos today. Since we are continuing our "B" lessons for the week, we read about a Bird who wanted a new home, then we read about a Bunny who wanted to be a Bear, then Beaver, then Bird, etc. We sang about the letter B and the B-animals that Noah had on the Boat (Bison, Birds, Beavers, Bears, Bunnies, and Butterflies) The kids sat down to color butterflies and another B-sheet, then my B-kid, Ben, started throwing crayons so we quit that and went back to reading. Today, the laundry is still in baskets (which starts with B), but it is now all clean. I cleaned up the kitchen a little. Like many Fridays, around here we have casual dress, or rather, we are all still in pajamas. To make it all a little better, the kids had breakfast at lunchtime -- that is to say, they ate breakfast earlier, but lunch was pancakes, eggs, and fruit. I am quickly losing my temper as the little kids won't nap -- do the mother's day out people spike the sippy cups? The kids have slept at those events all week, but not now. Will IS asleep, but the triplets have dumped drawers (again). Last time I went in, the boys were under the cribs and said "Uh-Oh" when they got caught. I told them to come out, and little nearly-naked Jon told me "NO WEY!" He keeps taking of his PJs, and refuses to let me dress him. It is very cold, but I'm tired of that fight -- I'll dress him after dinner unless he asks for help before that.
1. Getting the MOPS craft prepared for 50 ladies (due Wednesday), lots of sewing and cutting prep to be done, but my sewing machine seems to be on the fritz this week.
2. Getting the laundry folded, hung, and put away -- it is taking over the house!! I haven't been anxious to put the kids' clothes away since they keep dumping their drawers. It's very frustrating having it all over the diningroom, in the laundry room, in my room, and dumped in the nursery.
3. Getting the last of the Christmas stuff out of the way -- you know all the things that should've been put away with the rest of it, but somehow were hiding the day it got done? Now I need to get the boxes out of the attic just to put away these last few thing . . .
4. Getting the clutter out of the kitchen -- off the counter by the phone, off the bar, off the other counter. The bar is where things get put temporarily that need to be out of reach of the babies -- colored pages from school, big-kid toys, library books, magazines I read while I cook. What a mess! As soon as it gets cleaned off, the kids start putting things there again.
5. The triplets now help each other undress -- yesterday, I came into the living room and found the little boys without anything on (Jon still had on shoes, and his pants were stuck on the shoes.) No diapers, no socks, no clothes, just big grins. Today, I was sipping my coffee in the kitchen, and the little boys crawled out the necks of their pinned PJs, and took off diapers. Ben was behind Jon helping peel the tape off the diaper (I put the overlap in the back to keep them from undoing the tape -- I guess that won't work anymore.)
See? Writing it all down makes me realize it really isn't a lot, just a few small things and a few big ones. All conquerable when I get a chance to deal with it -- all except the escape artists who'd be happy in at a nudist camp even with outside temps below freezing.
The last week has been full of fun events, full of remarkable ones -- at least for our little family.
MONDAY - The kids were home and we focused on learning about Noah and the Ark, the letter B, and lots of animals that start with B. A little "boring -- with a B" for Will, so he got to help do the teaching. I caught Jon trying to poop in his diaper, so I stuck him on the potty. It was the smallest victory, but he and I were both excited! This is the first time the potty was used by one of the triplets for more than just sitting. Way to go, Jon! (Hopefully, he isn't mortified that I posted this, but his toes crack me up.) I helped Will, but he did all the work and cleanup making chocolate-peppermint parfaits for dinner. He got a cookbook for Christmas and I finally made time to help him through his first recipe. They were "healthy" in that we used sugar-free pudding mix, low fat coolwhip, and skim milk. We all enjoyed the dessert and Will was so proud that he did it all. Monday night, Allen and I left the kids with our sitter and enjoyed learning a little more about the Mambo.
No comments:
Post a Comment