"Night #1, 3 toddlers, no cribs. The crib mattresses were put on the floor of the nursery. The evening went fairly smoothly. Ben, Maddie, and Jon were excited about their new freedom. They spent about an hour crawling around in the dark, trying out all the "beds" taking each others' blankets, laying on each others' tummies, snuggling and giggling, but all was quiet by 8:00pm."
Allen at 6:18am January 10
"6:00am and most all is well. They all went down relatively easy; about an hour of running around the room and playing. Right now Ben is off his mattress against the wall in a corner made with the wall and crib - sleeping very deeply. Jon has his head against a crib and is sleeping as fine as he ever does. Maddie has been up and down a couple times in the last hour - no good reason. We'll see how it is in a few hours when the sun comes up :) and then we contemplate nap time!"
Allen at 7:03am January 10
"Flash! 6:50am - all three kids are in Will's room, blankets in hand, looking at him so sweetly.... and yelling "WILL!" I shoo everyone back to their beds but it doesn't last long. Everyone is up and giggly now. First night assessment? OK? Mamma will sleep awhile. Time for pancakes."
Sarah at 3:25pm January 10
"Naptime is proving to be much worse than last night. I lost count of how many (clean) diapers got thrown all over the room. The pajama drawer dumped (and with three kids in one room, that is a lot of PJs). Ben finally fell asleep, but I'm not sure how with Maddie and Jon jumping all over the place."
Sarah at at 7:39pm January 10
"Wow! Knock on wood. . . tonight all four kids were snoring by 7:00 PM!!! I know it's because they didn't nap, but we didn't have to send anyone back to bed. They all stayed."

I snuck in the babies' room to get a photo, and the sqeaky door made Maddie open her eyes, but otherwise, this was the scene. In case you don't know our color scheme: Ben (blue PJs), Jon (green), Maddie (pink).
1 comment:
Hey girl!! This is too cool. Is this an adventure or experiment. I didn't realize they were color coded. Thats my kind of organizer!! I will be back soon to see how it turns out.
Aja
Post a Comment