Friday, January 2, 2009

What is to come?

Allen had to work today -- I sure miss the days when we had long holidays. This morning I heard crying from Will over the monitor -- when he came downstairs he said his tummy hurt, but he was crying because Allen left without giving him a hug or a kiss. I said, "We'll give Daddy a call in a little while." His response: "I want a hug and kiss, not a call!" So I left him cuddled in our bed, suggesting he go get dressed while I showered. When I got out of the shower, the cat was scratching the carpet under the locked bathroom door, and the doorknob was moving. I opened it to scold the cat, and Jon looked up at me guiltily. Little stinker got out of bed, out of room, and came to watch cartoons with Will. The detour through our room had the tape deck open and music blaring from Allen's clock radio. Right now, I am writing and Maddie is in her bed shouting "JON?? JON??? JON????"

Is this a glimpse of what is to come? Let's see how the day goes. . .

Happy new year!

No comments: