When I need scrappy-inspiration, I head to several blogs or sites. One I visited this week inspired this blog entry.
Right Now
Out my window: it is a beautiful, mid-60s, sunny day; a house is being built; the trash cans are still on the street.
I am wearing: make-up and contacts; brown corduroys pants; a new blouse with blue, brown, and green swirls; a sweater; no shoes or socks right now.
I am hearing: Jon and Maddie giggling (rather than napping); Will closing his door; someone outside mowing their lawn; Will tattling on the little kids; my cat, Tico, meowing at a bird.
I am thinking: that we need to renew our passports; I want my kids to stay in their beds and nap; I'd like to clear off my desk and scrapbook; the Christmas stuff piled in the dining room needs to be put away; about what Maddie and I will do tomorrow; a nap would be great.
I am thankful for: my husband and children; our families and that they live close enough to see regularly; our health; our friends.
I am creating: not nearly as much as I'd like to; a recipe compilation; a 2008 hard-bound book of blog entries; a 2009 a-photo-a-day prject; gardens in my imagination; a menu for the week.
I am going: out of my mind since Jon and Maddie have decided they won't stay in their cribs; shopping tomorrow; to Greece and Turkey later this year.
I am hoping: for a peaceful afternoon; I can get to Chasing Rainbows next month; for some energy to finish the day.
I am reading: National Geographic Traveler - Greece; Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman; Sleeping Arrangements; Parenting with Love and Logic; The Digital Photography Book; several magazines; Mrs. Pigglewiggle's Farm (to Will). . . .hmmm. Missing fiction.
Around the house: Christmas decorations are piled on the dining room table; laundry in the hall that needs to be folded; laundry basket in hallway that needs to be put in kids rooms; living room and kitchen are quite clean; playroom looks like it was hit by a tornado; Will is resting on his bed; Maddie and Jon are (probably) dancing on their dresser; Ben is still quiet in his crib.
Some of my favorite things: a hug from my husband; a group hug with giggling kids; my new silver sandals; a good cup of coffee; dancing with Allen; my lavender candles.
A few plans for the rest of the week: making grilled chicken and pineapple for dinner; need to Wii-Fit or dance or walk tonight; tomorrow Jon and Ben will be at mother's-day-out, Will will be in school, Maddie and I are going to run errands; dinner with friends tomorrow evening; dance class Monday night; Bible study Tuesday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment