Thursday, January 29, 2009

A few stories

So many little things have happened since my last post. Let's see if I can remind myself of all the good ones.

After Allen and I tucked the kiddos in last Tuesday, we heard a really weird noise. After a few minutes of hearing it off and on, we went to check it out. In the dark, Maddie had wrapped tape around her finger. She kept tugging the tape to get it off, but she managed to make a huge wad in the process. Sadly, she did cut her finger on the dispenser, but she didn't notice. Last week Allen found they had gotten into the powder, too, so now, after we tape the diapers on, we have to carry the basket of diapers, tape, wipes, and powder out of the room.
Last Wednesday, Will and I had our day out. We got his haircut, went to the library, had lunch with Allen, and stopped for a smoothie. It was a fun and easy-going day and Will seemed to have a blast. He just couldn't believe we'd stop for a smoothie AND go inside to get it.
Thursday, I had a wonderful day with my daughter, but she screamed, kicked, and tried to bite me when I left her brothers and took her away for the day. We did what we seem to do best -- shop. We meandered through the craft store stopping for long bits of time in the floral section so she could smell every flower. We also stopped in the pet store so she could watch the fish and birds -- she enjoyed that, but not as much as she liked those fake flowers. After a fun lunch at a restaurant we hadn't been to, Maddie and I spent a long while at Macy's getting us each a new outfit. I was thrilled to get into a smaller size, again!
The weekend came and went so fast, I barely remember much of it. We decided that Super Bowl Sunday would be Super Sunday in our house. It was a relaxing day for the most part. We had finger foods for dinner so we could have a sit-down-on-the-living-room-floor picnic and watch the game. The kids enjoyed the change, and Allen and I had fun eating all the forbidden foods -- taquitos, chips and dip, grapes, and potato skins. Mmmmm. My tummy is growling. . . can you hear it? I enjoyed the commercials, and I even enjoyed watching the game. I, of course, cheered on the Steelers, but only because I am from Pittsburgh. I was glad to see them win in the end, but I was even happier that it was a great game to watch. One of my favorite moments was just after one of the Dorito's commercials in the first quarter. Will asked if he could have some of those chips because he liked that the lady's clothes flew off when the guy bit the chip. Kind of disgusting, if you ask me, but it sounds like we fared better than the Tuscon families surprised by the real porn that cut into their channel. I am so thankful we didn't have that happen with kids watching. One other cute thing -- Allen yelled "Fumble!" during, well, a fumble. Jon immediately jumped up and yelled "Fumble!" too. It was just so cute because it was so clear and he hadn't taken his eyes off the game. We had a really fun time -- there's just no better way to put it.

2 comments:

Aja Jenise said...

Lesson learned by Miss Maddie-- take time to smell the roses!!

Thanks little lovey!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Lucas likes to smell the fake flowers too :) He says they smell good! Love the spiky hair too!