Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Back for a Bit



We had a wonderful weekend at my parents'. My brother and his family were there this weekend and we kept all the kids busy. Since I haven't gotten to go "shopping" with Mom the last few times I've been there, we took a quick girl-time trip with Maddie. Where did we go? We went to Toys-R-Us and let Maddie run up and down the aisles. Well, that's a bit of an exageration, but we did let her roam and she seemed to enjoy the freedom. I picked up a few pajamas for her and a cute strawberry outfit. Maddie got to pick out a baby-doll and outfit, and we had a little chocolate while we were out, too. A perfect girl-trip always ends with a taste of chocolate, you know. Everyone got to swim in the lake after a cookout and picnic. On Sunday, we celebrated Dad's birthday with another cookout with cake and icecream. It was a hot day so it was mostly an inside playday. Monday we took all the kids to the sprinkler park and with five kids and five adults, it wasn't so bad. My brother even had time to take pictures and I was thrilled that he let me play with his new camera, so I took some, too.



We got home yesterday and have finished up the laundry. It's so easy when it all comes out of the suitcase and goes right back in. We've decided to try to put the triplets in forward-facing carseats, so last night Will and I went to pick out a big-boy booster seat for him. Today, I spent the morning cleaning my car. I figured since we had all the seats out to switch them for the kids, I should clean up the milk spots from eight months ago. I completely emptied and scrubbed the inside, and I am pleased that it now smells fresh instead of like stale baby products. Tomorrow we are off again, this time to Allen's parents for the fourth of July weekend.

No comments: