Allen came home for lunch yesterday. Later he told me that he and Will had this conversation in the bathroom:
Daddy what's wrong with you?
What? Nothing.
What happened to your clothes?
Oh! My Nomex? I'm still wearing clothes under here. It's what I wear when I go in the plant.
Why do you wear those when you go in the refinery?
To keep me safe.
From what? [with a big puzzled look]
From fire.
Oh. . . . . . . Daddy, why do you need to go to work?
You tell me. . . why do I need to go to work? [expecting him to give me the answer we've told him - to get money]
They don't give you money at work. [very serious; adult voice]
They don't?!
You get money from the machine!
What machine?? [baffled]
That machine - you go up to it and type in with the buttons and the money comes out. That's where you get money. Not at work.
Oh! [laughing] Daddy gets money from work and then he puts it in the machine so he doesn't have to carry it around with him all the time. Then when he needs more, he goes to the machine and gets some out.
OK.
Now leave me alone I'm peeing.
No comments:
Post a Comment