Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Screeches and Sandals

While it was still dark, this morning started with a loud, blood-curdling screech over the baby monitor. It was awful, and since I could tell by the type of scream that Maddie must be on fire, I jumped out of bed and ran upstairs faster than I've ever woken up before. When I got to the kids room, I found the source of her wrath. . . Jon had crawled into her crib, layed on her pillow, and covered up with her blanket. Not only did he invade her space, but he had woken her up in the process. Although he was nearly back to sleep, and quite cozy, I pulled him out of her bed and plopped him back into his own. By then, everyone was up, and I didn't want to be.

I went downstairs and got in the shower. While I was getting ready, Allen did the sweetest thing -- he got the kids up and changed. I hate starting a day with kids screaming at me, and he got me through that bump. Today is cold and rainy -- it was hard to be motivated to get the kids out the door to get Will to preschool, but I did. I was going through my photos I took over the last few weeks and realized I had to share my new source of happiness.


I know things aren't supposed to make me happy, but occassionally there are exceptions. Last week, I ordered some new shoes and they came in the mail on Friday. These are my new shoes:

I got them to wear for my brother-in-law's wedding next month; I was searching for something pretty, but something comfortable, and I needed a bit of a heel so I could dance with Allen. When Jenn and Shelley and I were shopping, I found these, but I had to order them to get the silver ones in my size. These shoes make me happy. I feel cute and sexy in them, but the awesome part is they are some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever had. They are definitely the most comfy pretty-shoes I've ever worn. What makes them so comfortable? They are Crocs! Yes, made by the same company as the garden clogs I refuse to wear in public -- and yes, they are just as comfortable. I think on Eeyore-days like today, I will just put on the Salsa music and dance around the house all day in my sexy, silver sandals. Wouldn't that make anyone happy?

1 comment:

Cate Brickell said...

How awesome! I want pretty shoes like yours! {and I'm the mum who LIVES in her mock-crocs... happily seen outside the house in the ORANGE shoes ~lol~}