Of course when I think of play, my children come to mind. I decided to choose from photos I had taken in 2008 just to narrow down my choices. Here are my three favorites photos that symbolize "play":
1. Maddie and Jon PLAYing in the backyard. A pretty, sunny spring day. A yellow dump truck. Happy children.
3. Will PLAYing on the porch in February. He played in a bucket, and then I looked out and found him doing this: dunking his underoos in a bucket and putting them up on a stick to make water drop patterns on the concrete. He later told me "It was such a nice day for a swim, Mama."
Why do the kids come to mind with the word play? My life is mostly about kids now, and children are here to play. That is the only thing they are supposed to do at ages 1 and 4.Ok, that IS a bit of a stretch -- they are also supposed to sleep . . . so I can play. But, I don't have pictures of me playing, and my new camera won't be here until Monday. But I like to play, too -- playing games with Allen, playing with the kids, playing with my crafts. We got Maddie a dollhouse for her birthday, and I really, really want to play with it; however, there isn't enough room in my closet to get it all out, so I'll have to wait until October when she gets it for her second birthday so I don't have to hide anymore.
Now quit reading and go PLAY!
11 comments:
My boys have got big yellow trucks just like yours!
I love all of your pictures!!
Great job, Sarah! I'm glad you accepted the "challenge!" That picture where you put several pictures together intrigues me! How did you do that?
Awwww....How wonderful sweetie!! These are great shots! Well done!! Hope you'll Play with us again!!!hughugs
That's cute. I love what you did with the second photo, very cool. Well, play brought my child to mind as well, and he's 19 now! Soooo, I had to dig into the photo albums for my pics, :).
Have a blessed day.
Great pictures! You captured that youthful joy! LOL, and you have the same background as my blog!
Glad to be introduced to your blog!
Ha! I love that you like to play with the toys too. Wonderful photos!
Your children a beautiful. Maddie pushing Jon in the Tonka truck is so cute!
I'm glad you're enjoying them now. It goes by so quickly!
Nita Jo
Sarah this is a great idea... I tried getting in on the photo challenge but i think I ma challenged when it comes to simply signing up for it.
I was sure there would be a picture of you scrapping... or at least your supplies... but then again how often do we get it hide away with our own toys. I have become quite fond of Linkadoos. Looking forward to more...
Great photos. That cheeky little boy covered in suds was a great laugh. Thanks for playing.
Sharon
Love that last photo - that's just too funny! lol
Kari
Aww cute kids :)
Love the pics
Post a Comment