Monday, August 4, 2008

Princess Diarrheas

This weekend I didn't take any pictures, and my blog seemed to need some. This morning I tried getting photos of the kids while they played after breakfast. Will watched about 30 minutes of Movie Time Monday on the Disney channel while I got the laundry going, unloaded the dishwasher, and made some phone calls. Since I have severely cut back on his TV and video game time, he was curious why the change. How do you tell a child sometimes you just need a little quiet time -- just a few minutes to make a necessary phone call. He ate popcorn and watched Princess Diaries, but he kept mispronouncing it and calling it Princess Diarrheas. I couldn't quit laughing when he said that, but I corrected him. He asked me what Diary meant, and I explained it so that he, a child of the new millennium, would understand. . ." it's like a blog, but written on paper" I wanted to add "like in the old days," but he wouldn't have understood that.

Ben playing with the dinosaur and doggy -- "Raaaar! Arf - arf? Raaaarr!"
Jon wore the police helmet all morning while he used the puppy vacuum to chase our cat.
Maddie was happy with the Jack-in-the-box. . .
. . . until Jon took it and then fought with Ben over who got to play with it. Will didn't want to play while I had the camera out so he sat on the couch and watched Ben and Jon playing WWF.

Today, we are back to our normal Monday after a fun weekend. We went to Allen's parents' Friday and arrived in time for dinner. Saturday, Allen and I went out for a tasty lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. The Greek pizza was delicious, and I decided it is a good thing there isn't a CPK restaurant near us. We also stopped by Pottery Barn to feed my craving for decorating that I mentioned last week. We also found a camera store and started browsing the digital cameras and exploring all the features. It was too much to figure out at once and the lady helping us annoyed me. I am proud to say we didn't buy anything but pizza on that excursion.

Saturday night, Allen, Will, Nanna, Papa, and Uncle Jason all went to the Rangers game and had a blast. The adults spoiled Will with chicken, lemonade, lemon chill, peanuts, and cotton candy, and I heard he a lot of fun yelling at the players. Jenn and I stayed at the house with the babies. Since they didn't have a nap, I hoped they'd go to bed early, but we had to get them fed first. We set out for an early dinner at Ruby Tuesday's -- perfect since it was nearby, they have a salad bar, and there was no crowd. I just kept praying that they could wait to get cranky after we left the restaurant and not while we were there. My prayers were answered, and the kids were great. We got several compliments about how well behaved they were. We got home and got the babies in bed right on time, then sat down with our Sonic ice cream and a chick flick and just had a relaxing evening. Jenn and I had a good time, and we weren't at game sitting in 105 degree weather and waiting in line for gross bathrooms. Yup, we were happy staying home with the kids.
Jenn loaned me the first two books from the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Several friends have raved about them and I was curious. Darn it, now I am hooked on them too. I started the first one on the way home yesterday afternoon, and I didn't go to bed until I finished it at midnight. Today, I promised myself I wouldn't read more than half of the second book.

1 comment:

Aja Jenise said...

Girl you are HILARIOUS I say! I am sure I am not the first to say so either. The title alone had me laughing out loud... and the sad thing is I am in the middle fot he library while the girls play amongst the other children... so my LOL squeal was quite the surprise... you keep me rolling when I need it most!! Thanks for the update!

PS Kiddos look cute today!!

Aja