I feel the need to point something out - the total sum experience of living in our house is NOT defined by the... challenges... of dealing with...
Well, to put it politely - bodily functions.
Poop. Pee. Burps and toots. Discoveries about the human body that seem so... interesting... to a child.
I'd like to quote one of the smartest men I know - Dave Barry. A man who's taught me more about being a parent than any of those... other books that Sarah read when she was pregnant. Dave Barry can explain, quite succinctly, many of life's... joys. Our... dealings... with the aforementioned issue are no exception. Viz-
"Young parents spend much of their time thinking and talking about their childrens' bodily functions. You can take an educated, sophisticated couple who, before their child was born, talked about great literature and the true meaning of life, and for the first two years after they become parents, their conversations will center on the consistency of their child's stool, to the point where nobody invites them over for dinner."
Sometimes, unfortunately, the most memorable (in the moment) incidents do occur when... you'd rather they didn't. Part of what makes them funny is the fact that they're so relatable. We all have to... do our business - and who doesn't laugh when someone does it... wrong?
But again - THE KAISER FAMILY IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE POOP! We read books! We talk about... stuff. We have thoughts on world situations... We just might not be able to remember them when you call.
Especially if the dog's been throwing up.
Please resume your normal browsing and thank you. Come again soon for more stories about...
well...
about poop.
1 comment:
Hi Sarah and Allen,
I used to work with Allen's mom in McKinney. She told me about your blog and I read it regularly. Sarah, you do a great job with your blog. I also blog and would love for you to visit me, too. I participate in a photo challenge every couple of weeks with about 25 or so other bloggers. It grows each time. You might like it. I know how much you enjoy taking pictures. Tomorrow is a photo challenge with the theme of play. I'll post my pictures early in the morning. There's a link on my sidebar to other participants.
Post a Comment